Friday, December 19, 2014

Baking is Not Dead: 3 simple ways to make Your Cake Rule

You can have your cake and eat it!
I always considered myself a good cook and a great baker. It's easy to mix a cake and bang in it the oven and I was motivated from an early age by the lure of sugary treats.

But recently I have discovered three basic tricks which help you create a most, moist superior cake. These tips are simple and take your cake from good to great.




1. Preheat the Oven (turn it on and let it heat up before you start reading a recipe)

2. Cream butter and sugar for ten minutes or as long as possible (fluffiness of cake adversely proportional to time spent creaming)

3. Add the flour at the Very Last Minute (basic chemistry)

I started following these tips religiously a year ago and every cake I bake now comes out fluffy, moist, delicious. In short I make cakes like the professional ones you get in a cafe. Everyone loves them.

The only other tips I could add would be to avoid opening the oven during the baking process, to remember all the ingredients, and to experiment with extra ingredients like bran, coconut, flavours, chocolates, different oils when you feel brave. I usually add both baking soda and baking powder. And most cakes I make are banana or zucchini for the kids, or a decadent flourless chocolate cake out of dark chocolate, butter and eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment